Human Resources Consultant
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is seeking applications for a Human Resources Consultant for the Human Resources department. This is a full-time, permanent staff position.
Salary: $59,849 - $67,000
Primary Purpose of Position: This position will conduct all organizational design consultation and position review/analysis associated with the establishment of new EHRA/SHRA positions, the modification of existing EHRA/SHRA positions, and all corresponding salary administration consistent with Federal, State, System Office, and University guidelines and policies.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and two years of progressively responsible professional human resources management experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be from appropriately accredited institutions.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for all classification review, analysis, and determination processes associated with the creation of new, or reallocation of existing, positions designated as ‘subject to the State Human Resources Act’ (SHRA) and/or ‘exempt from the State Human Resources Act’ (EHRA).
- Responsible for the establishment of equitable salary adjustments in accordance with all applicable Federal and State policies.
- Provides consultative services to department heads as regards potential position design or classification needs.
- Clarifies and confirms position description documentation through interviews with position manager and/or incumbent, as applicable.
- Conducts comparative analysis with other appropriate internal/external positions and negotiates with position manager to reach successful consensus if initial request is not supportable.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of progressively responsible professional human resources management experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Prior, or current, work experience in position design, analysis or measurement, in a career-banded (or similar) classification environment is essential.
- Demonstrated consultative and negotiation skills are also essential.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is essential.
- Current or prior experience working in higher education, preferably within the UNC System, or other public sector employer.
- Current or prior experience with job analysis/measurement and/or compensation administration.
- Prior, or current, experience with PeopleAdmin, Banner HR, (or other comparable HRIS system) is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, combined with effective verbal and written communication skills, are essential to consult effectively with clients and to provide thorough document decision making processes.
- Prior, or current, experience in the design or delivery of employee training sessions is also preferred.
- Current or prior experience with, or knowledge of, the State of North Carolina classification and compensation systems is strongly preferred.
Salary and benefits are competitive; interested individuals should apply online at https://jobs.charlotte.edu. Search for SHRA job #000511. Applicants are subject to background checks.
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and an ADVANCE Institution that strives to create an academic climate in which the dignity of all individuals is respected and maintained. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.