Associate Director, Entrepreneurship Center
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE
Associate Director, Entrepreneurship Center
Summary of Position
Under general direction from the Executive Director, this position is responsible for a diverse portfolio of co-curricular programs, experiential learning opportunities, and resources for the benefit of UNH students, faculty, staff, alumni, and donors. The Associate Director manages the program staff and provides general oversight of student employees and volunteers. The Associate Director will also have responsibility in relationship management/partnership development (internal and external partners) for our current high-impact programs.
The position is a term position with a high probability of renewal. The continuation of the position is dependent upon external funding.
Acceptable minimum level of education
Acceptable minimum years of experience
Additional Job Information
UNH is a federal contractor within the meaning of the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. This position may require that you be vaccinated against COVID-19 in the future, unless you apply for and receive a religious or medical exemption. You may not test out of this requirement.
Other minimum qualifications
- Master’s degree, preferably in public administration or business administration, and/or minimum of 5-8 years of direct experience in planning, organizing, and evaluating innovation programs and project management.
- Administrative ability, including budget development, staff hiring and training, and operations.
- Human relations and communications skills, especially the ability to communicate effectively with students, and develop and maintain professional relationships with other UNH staff and/or external program partners.
- Willingness to work some evenings and/or weekends required.
- Familiarity with relevant regional and national organizations which are or may be partners in our work (including other educational organizations).
Salary is complemented by a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement, tuition, and paid time off.
Quicklink for Posting
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or marital status.
The University of New Hampshire is an R1 Carnegie classification research institution providing comprehensive, high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs of distinction. UNH is located in Durham on a 188-acre campus, 60 miles north of Boston and 8 miles from the Atlantic coast and is convenient to New Hampshire’s lakes and mountains. There is a student enrollment of 13,000 students, with a full-time faculty of over 600, offering 90 undergraduate and more than 70 graduate programs. The University actively promotes a dynamic learning environment in which qualified individuals of differing perspectives, life experiences, and cultural backgrounds pursue academic goals with mutual respect and shared inquiry.
The UNH Diversity Resource Guide with information and programming available in the seacoast area, New Hampshire, and the region can be found here: https://www.unh.edu/hr/diversity-resource-guide
Duties / Responsibilities
- Make programmatic decisions and serve as the implementation lead for majority of ECenter programs.
- Develop short and long-term strategic plans with clear program goals and desired outcomes.
- Develop and implement policies/procedures for program implementation as applicable to the program.
- Create and implement evaluation of programs and communicate program outcomes to key stakeholders, on a timely basis.
- Collect, analyze, and utilize data to update programmatic offerings and/or create and implement new programs that respond to the needs of business, experiential learning, industry, and organizations.
- Primary manager for the ECenter Ideathon programs. This includes creation, design, and identifying, and working with on-campus partners and facilitating necessary training for participants.
- Lead manager of the $24,000 Paid Student Internships at Start-ups Program, $25,000 i2 Passport Program, $16,000 Summer Seed Grant, and others. This includes updating, planning, executing, and evaluating all programs while working with internal and external stakeholders and ECenter staff. Work to transition some of the management to ECenter Program Manager staff
- Initially responsible for the ECenter’s Mentor Network, including communication to high-profile industry leader mentors and matching them with UNH student and alumni entrepreneurs. Work to transition some of the management to ECenter Program Manager staff
- Manage the Makerspace at the ECenter, recruiting and supervising student volunteers, procuring equipment, and coordinating with the student board of directors.
- Requires management and scheduling of ECenter staff at all weekend and evening ECenter programs, including shared responsibility as well
Direction and Oversight:
- With Executive Director, develop the ECenter’s Strategic Plan/Vision and annual priorities
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise and evaluate the Associate Program Manager and Program Support Assistant (full-time employees) and any additional staff hired to support newly funded programs
- Initially train and supervise hourly student employees and student volunteers in their work promoting the ECenter at 100+ UNH class visits each academic year. Work to transition some of the management to ECenter Program Manager staff
- Manage and oversee the fiscal, operational, and administrative aspects for the ECenter. Ensure adherence to and tracking of budget.
- Represent the ECenter at public speaking events and conferences.
- Act on behalf of ECenter Executive Director when absent.
Communications and Outreach:
- Develop and implement ECenter program communications strategy in close collaboration with the Executive Director, coordinating execution with the Associate Program Manager and Graphic Designer.
- Enhance and/or develop, maintain, and manage partnerships with UNH offices, departments, programs, and centers, and other key UNH stakeholder groups.
- Lead outreach to 1000+ UNH faculty for partnership, collaboration, and to promote ECenter resources in classes, maintaining strong ECenter visibility and reputation. Work to transition some of the management to ECenter Program Manager staff
- Assist the Executive Director to develop partnerships with industry leaders and organizations for ECenter speaker events, workshops, and ideathons.
- Serve as liaison between the ECenter and internal and external organizations as required.
- Represent ECenter on campus committees and work groups as needed.