Classification: Research Analysis Specialist
1 year Temporary, Full-time
Schedule: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM Monday – Friday
Salary Range: Hourly $25.25 – $37.02; Annually $52,722– $77,297
*Salary placement is dependent on education and experience
We are a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and we seek applicants with deep connections to the cultural communities to which our students belong. We actively seek and encourage applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position conducts educational and institutional research to support student success, institutional effectiveness, and planning at the college. This position will design and conduct research studies and novel real-time data analytics that integrate new and existing data to generate insight and forecasts about student learning, enrollment, retention, and college operations. This position will also provide technical advice and assistance to professional colleagues that includes research design, data integration, and statistical analysis.
To qualify for this position, you must meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. Ensure that your resume contains descriptions of your work experiences sufficient for comparison against the requirements stated below.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- One year of current experience statistically analyzing educational data
- Demonstrated experience in R or other statistical programing package
- Experience querying data sets using SQL
- Knowledge of large and complex data base structures and software for data processing, analysis, and presentation sufficient to retrieve, analyze, and present findings
- Knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistical methods and basic predictive models sufficient to select and use procedures appropriate to problems and to interpret results
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare clear and concise reports
- Ability to coach others in the effective use of data and how best to present the data in charts, graphs, and reports
- Good organizational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to design effective research
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working successfully with diverse cultures and populations
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to build collaborative working relationships
- Master’s degree in statistics, applied research, or related field
- Three years of experience statistically analyzing educational data
- Familiarity with higher education policies, procedures, and standards
Normandale is the largest community college in the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, serving almost 15,000 students from diverse backgrounds, 42% of whom are students of color and nearly 25% are first-generation. We offer opportunities for individuals to grow, learn, and advance their careers while working for an organization that is committed to providing an inclusive and equitable space for students and employees to learn.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE
As an agency of the State of Minnesota, Normandale Community College offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical, dental, vision insurance; short- and long-term disability.
For information on benefits, visit SEGIP's website. This position is also part of Minnesota Association of Professional Employees (MAPE). The collective bargaining agreement outlines many additional benefits provided.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The college is committed to honoring human differences. We expect and foster inclusion of different values and ideas. We are committed to the principle that all individuals are to be treated with equality and dignity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance, please contact Human Resources at 952.358.8269 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance is needed.
The vacancy is posted on-line from July 27, 2022 - August 22, 2022.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to this specific job posting. You can also search for this job and more on the State of Minnesota careers website at http://www.mn.gov/careers. Refer to Job Code 57767. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
If you are a current State of Minnesota employee, please log into Self Service, click on the Careers section and search for the Job Code.
Note: Official academic transcripts may be requested from those invited for an interview.
The College regrets that it is unable to offer H-1B sponsorship at this time. The successful candidate, under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations, must be able to accept work in the U.S. by the day employment begins.
An offer for this position may be contingent upon the completion of a background check.