Reporter - Merced Sun StarMerced Sun-Star
The Merced Sun-Star has an immediate opening for a reporter. The essential functions of the position include:
- Reporting and writing stories.
- Preparing photo and graphic assignments.
- Meeting with the supervisor, going over stories and ideas.
- Planning for larger projects; producing weekly story lists.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience. A degree in journalism is desired.
- Daily newspaper reporting experience. Experience with office and portable computer editing systems.
- Command of English language.
- Sound news judgment.
- Good judgment in ethics and legal areas.
- Excellent writing skills and familiarity with AP Style.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with current events and community.
- Ability to work well with others and under deadline pressure.
- Ability and willingness to embrace and perfect use of multiplatform news capabilities for online presence, including audio, video, blogs, social media and other digital tools.
- Fluency in Spanish or other languages which pertain to readers in our circulation area is desired.
Must have a current California driver’s license, reliable transportation with adequate insurance and a good driving record.