INK TECHLABEL TECHNOLOGY
About This Job
Label Technology, an award-winning convertor of flexible packaging, pressure sensitive labels, and pouches is seeking an Ink Technician for a key position to support production in a high-performing flexographic printing press room.
If you’re looking for a rewarding and challenging opportunity where you directly impact the success of the company, then we have a place for you!
What You Will Do
- Use your color knowledge and theory to develop ink formulas, blend and prepare inks and varnishes for a wide range of substrate materials.
- Compare provided samples with standard color card, or blend base color and compare results with sample to determine formula required for duplicating colors.
- Work closely with production team to ensure adherence to customer and plant specifications.
- Ensure pressroom inventory is maintained at adequate levels to ensure continued production.
- Record color formulas, mixing procedures, and ink performance issues.
- Continually monitor and check production schedule for flow and make changes as required.
- A background of color theory and color matching skills – not necessarily in printing, but preferred.
- Analytical ability to resolve technical issues.
- Effective communication, math, and basic computer skills.
- High school diploma or GED.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Standing, lifting, squatting, bending, walking, pushing and pulling all day long.
- Frequent use of vision to identify/qualify colors, close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus – very frequent color comparison.
About Label Technology
Label Technology is an employee-owned company founded in 1986 and has emerged as a market-leading printer of packaging materials for a wide range of markets including natural products, food and nutraceuticals. Label Technology will provide you with the unique opportunity to work at a high-profile corporation while having a daily direct impact to company growth and success.