Certified Athletic Trainer
Certified Athletic Trainer
George Mason University, a NCAA Division I institution and member of the Atlantic-10 Athletic Conference, is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time, 12 month administrative professional position as a Certified Athletic Trainer. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the Position:
The Certified Athletic Trainer is primarily responsible for the daily medical coverage of revenue-producing, high-profile sports. The primary medical responsibility for this position will be Women’s Basketball with secondary coverage for Women’s Tennis.
- Overseeing medical care of athletes remaining on campus for the summer sessions;
- Student-athletes intake/physicals/medical testing;
- Providing medical coverage for summer team practices;
- Providing supervision of resident athletic trainers working with other athletic teams, and clinical instruction and supervision of athletic training students in educational programs; and
- Additional summer and out of season sport medical coverage, including coordinating incoming summer session.
- Advanced degree or training/certification and work experience that equates to an advanced degree;
- NATABOC Certification and eligibility for Virginia licensure;
- Professional rescuer CPR/AED Certification;
- Extensive domestic and possible international travel duties; and
- Must currently possess an appropriate, active, valid motor vehicle operator’s license that meets all of GMU’s requirements for operating state vehicles and equipment under Mason’s Vehicle Use Policy 1411 https://universitypolicy.gmu.edu/policies/vehicle-use/. The Office of Risk Management reserves the right to review the driver’s licenses and Motor Vehicle Reports (MVRs) of all candidates selected with employment contingent upon a favorable review.
- Demonstrated experience in intercollegiate athletics, particularly in injury prevention and rehabilitation; and
- Growth mindset and high adaptability.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA819Z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.