Program Coordinator - 527190
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Program Coordinator to join our team of professionals.
- Maintains clinical site and preceptor paperwork as per ARC-PA accreditation requirements. Verifies state licenses for all preceptors on the Florida Department of Health website and reviews practitioner profile for disciplines on file. Serves as a liaison between the Program Director, Clinical Director, and the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM), clinical sites and other organizations as appropriate.
- Coordinates and participates in the Clinical Orientation. Works with faculty to familiarize students with clerkship objectives. Serves as liaison to the faculty and clinical site administration to ensure efficient operation of the clerkships.
- Communicates with clinical sites and preceptors to facilitate the renewal of affiliation agreements. Submits HWCOM agreement template for approval. Maintains ARC-PA accreditation portal up to date with clinical site information and capacity for clinical experiences.
- Compiles and submits credentialing documents for each student rotation as required by each clinical site. Maintains second year student paperwork. Creates rotations in Complio and coordinates completion of site requirements for each student.
- Collects clinical site, preceptor, and student evaluation data from eMedley. Maintains clinical site and preceptor data in eMedley. Compiles data and accreditation reports for the Program Director and Clinical Director.
- Coordinates administrative functions and provides administrative support to designated Master in Physician Assistant Studies Program (MPAS) leadership.
- Responsible for the set-up and organization of Objective Structured Clinical Evaluations (OSCE) stations and laboratory group sessions. Ensures compliance with HWCOM policies and procedures and institutional objectives. Assists with student participation in simulated learning activities at the Modesto A. Maidique Campus and the Current Miami Building, as needed.
- Reviews and revises all clinical year documents, including the student clerkship manual and preceptor handbook.
- Drives from the Current Miami Building to the Modesto Maidique Campus as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of office or related experience.
- Two years of experience in higher education preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOBID: 527190. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.