Financial Analyst II (529451)
Financial Analyst II
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Financial Analyst II to join our team of professionals.
- Analyzes and prepares activities for the annual budget and forecasts for the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM) for all funds including E&G, Auxiliaries, Affiliations, and Foundation funds in collaboration with the leadership team.
- Complies, monitors, analyses monthly reporting of budgetary performance, including budget variances for area of responsibility to include income and expenditures of assigned funding sources.
- Analyzes requests for budget amendments and budget exceptions for activities across all funds for HWCOM.
- Provides detailed personnel analysis with the ability to categorize according to the current status of positions. Compares personnel by position, department and function to the budget and provides variance explanations.
- Prepares and conducts a financial impact analysis of unbudgeted expense requests for all HWCOM departments and prepares summary report for approval by senior management.
- Reviews HWCOM Human Resources requests relative to the budget for approval by the Director and prepares payroll transfers, changes in allocation, and budget transfers to reflect changes in personnel effort and roles.
- Handles cash and/or checks for payments owed when needed.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports to senior management and department managers.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned by supervisor. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline and two (2) years of experience in related field or Master's degree in related discipline.
Experienced in Budgeting Processes and Financial Analysis.
PeopleSoft knowledge preferred.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Experience working in a financial setting for three or more years preferred.
To apply, please visit us on-line at https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/, click on “Prospective Employees” or “Current Employees” and search for job opening ID 529451.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.