Coordinator of Academic Support Services
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Coordinator of Academic Support Services to join our team of professionals.
- Oversees and provides administrative support for the medical student disciplinary and appeals process.
- Prepares and sends notifications to students regarding deficient academic performance and academic misconduct strictly in accordance with Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine policies.
- Acts as a liaison between Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, and the Medical Student Evaluation and Promotion Committee (MSEPC), Appeals Committee and Grievance Committee and Office of General Counsel.
- Proactively prepares and ensures that all pertinent information necessary to support determinations are available to each of the Committees and to students in a manner that results in compliance with due process requirements in the Medical Student Handbook.
- Prepares information for ongoing student updates for faculty and staff involved in the student evaluation processes. Creates agendas for student evaluation committee meetings.
- Records action items from committee meetings, follows up on pending actions, ensures completion, and facilitates work flow. Distributes information and interacts as a liaison as needed.
- Manages student files related to documentation required for the MSEPC, Appeals Committee and Grievance Committee as assigned.
- Regularly meets with the chairs of student evaluation committees and others involved in supporting student evaluation processes and prepares agendas for those meetings under the direction of the chairs.
- Maintains a database of committee actions and is responsible for monitoring due process timelines in accordance with the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine policies.
- Maintains and develops systems for tracking students under review to assure due process activities.
- Ensures compliance with College, University, State, federal, and other agency rules and regulations.
- Provides confidential assistance in the receipt and handling of information.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position
- Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of appropriate experience, or Master's degree.
- Medical Staff Office or Paralegal experience is highly desired.
- Minimum of 2 years of administrative experience.
- Ability to anticipate and identify barriers to compliance and due process requirements.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOBID: 527340. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.