Analyst, IRF Finance Reporting
Analyst, IRF Finance Reporting
Auburn University seeks candidates for an Analyst position to prepare financial statements and related external audit and tax information for Auburn University’s institutionally related foundations (IRF).
About Auburn: At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Why employees choose Auburn: Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts and more!
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
- Prepares, edits, reviews, and distributes financial statements following Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) guidelines.
- Coordinates with external auditors to provide information and ensure compliance.
- Prepares periodic financial reports for meetings of the Board of Directors of the Foundation; analyzes data and prepares special reports and analyses as needed.
- Analyzes activities and events for sales tax and unrelated business tax implications, and prepares necessary documents.
- Reviews and approves journal and transfer journal entries between the IRF and Auburn University to facilitate fund flow, budgetary accounting, and maintenance.
- Coordinates with the AU Office of Financial Reporting regarding year-end conversions of financial statements, presentations, audit assistance, and the Services and Facilities agreement calculation and transfer.
- Maintains and reviews processes and procedures related to transactions in Banner and other financial software systems, ensuring information is accurate and appropriate.
- Analyzes data and prepares reports as requested; serves as an information resource on FASB financial reporting, tax, and budget issues related to IRF.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
Field of Study
Accounting, Finance, or a degree in another discipline plus a CPA
Years of Experience
Level I: no experience required
Area of Experience
Experience in financial statement preparation and accounting.
Requirements for Additional Job Levels
- Level II requires 2 years of experience
- Level III requires 4 years of experience
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Knowledge and understanding of FASB accounting guidelines for not-for-profit entities, GASB accounting guidelines, and IRS rules and regulations.
Minimum License and Certifications
CPA is required if degree is not in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA designation or someone pursuing their CPA is highly desired.
- Public or corporate accounting experience.
$35,000 - $75,100
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.